Fresh off its record book for boys basketball last year, Natalie Iwamoto and the HHSAA have done it again.
Frank Mauz and Thomas Yoshida teamed up to bring you a record book for the girls basketball tournament. Scratching the surface finds these fine performances. But there are many, many more. We suspect OC16’s Felipe Ojastro has another trip in his future to get it bound.
FIVE NOTEWORTHY PERFORMANCES
• Kohala’s Lynette Liu scores a 3-game record 85 points.
• Iolani’s Melanie Azama scores a 4-game record 122 points
• Lahainaluna’s Fatai Hala’api’api has the only recorded triple-double,
10 points, 11 rebounds, 11 blocks
• Konawaena’s Nancy Hoist makes 20 of 20 free throws over three games
• Punahou’s Shawna-Lei Kuehu scores a single game record 37 points
And that is just the beginning. Dive in here: