The 2016 Open Division state champion Saint Louis Crusaders are ranked ninth in the West Region according to the final USA Today rankings released on Monday.
The Crusaders (10-1) knocked off Kahuku, 30-14, in the Open Division state final and won their final five games of the season after losing to Punahou, 33-20. Saint Louis finished 2-1 against the Buffanblu this season with wins of 64-44 in the regular season and 28-14 in the ILH championship.
The West Region in USA Today’s rankings includes Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Bishop Gorman (Nev.), which won its third consecutive USA Today national championship, was ranked No. 1. The Gaels went 15-0 this season including a 42-7 win over Kahuku.
The other teams in the top 10 were:
2. St. John Bosco, Bellflower, Calif. (13-2)
3. Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (13-1)
4. Centennial, Corona, Calif. (11-2)
5. Bingham, South Jordan, Utah (14-1)
6. Saguaro, Scottsdale, Ariz. (14-0)
7. Cathedral Catholic, San Diego (15-0)
8. Chandler, Ariz. (12-2)
10. West Linn, Ore. (14-0)