Anuenue forfeits Saturday’s game vs. Kaimuki

For the second week in a row, Anuenue is forfeiting its football game due to a lack of players available to play, Oahu Interscholastic Association football coordinator Harold Tanaka said Tuesday.

Last week, Na Koa forfeited its game to Radford. This week, they are forfeiting the contest against Kaimuki that was scheduled for Saturday at 6 p.m. at Kaiser Stadium.

Anuenue head coach Keli‘i Pio Adams said last week that his squad of 23 was down to just 17 due to six injured players. Among the full squad, only six (two seniors and four juniors) are upperclassmen, including four upperclassmen among the injured.


It’s uncertain when the injured players will return or if Anuenue will have enough for the team to play for the third game on its 2015 schedule — against Kalaheo at the Kailua High field Aug. 29.


Due to Anuenue’s forfeits, Radford and Kaimuki each earn a win by an official score of 2-0.

Anuenue started its varsity program in 2006 and didn’t forfeit a game until 2010. This will be the sixth game Anuenue has forfeited since the start of the 2013 season, including three games last year.

COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Star-Advertiser's TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email hawaiiprepworld@staradvertiser.com.

*