Hard to believe something like this could happen, but it has. The Kamehameha-Hawaii basketball team has suffered from food poisoning since late last night after a post-game meal, which followed a 39-37 overtime win over AOP.
See the breaking story on our home page here.
I had a case of food poisoning and dehydration last summer. It was awful. I came home, felt extremely tired (mid-day), took a nap, got up and was throwing up and had diarrhea non-stop. Then I had to get be somewhere, drove and barely made it there. Within a couple of hours, I was at the hospital and stayed overnight.
The food poisoning and vomiting caused so much fluid loss that I got dehydrated and was barely conscious. The next morning, I checked out and had a headache so severe, it was the worst of my life. It took me 30 minutes to walk from the hospital to my car in the parking garage.
I can’t imagine how the team is going to get through the semifinal showdown with Kahuku at full strength tonight. But these are young guys and I’m hoping they recover swiftly and fully.
Paul Honda, Star-Advertiser